DIBP have announced that that, on 1 July 2017, a number of changes will come into effect to some the of the permanent visas.
This includes the changes below for ENS (Subclass 186) and RSMS (Subclass 187)
- raising English language requirements to “competent” for all applicants (IELTS 6) – with TRT and Direct Entry requirements to be consistent; and
- upper age limit of 45 for Direct Entry applicants.
- ENS (Direct Entry) will also be impacted by the changes to the skilled occupation lists.
- The occupation list changes for 1 July 2017 will not impact RSMS as this programme does not currently utilise the list of eligible skilled occupations.
- TRT arrangements will remain unchanged until March 2018, with transitional arrangements for existing visa holders and visa applicants to be confirmed.
The upper age limit for General Skilled Migration (subclasses 189, 190 and 489) will also be reduced to 45.